St. Martin of Tours Parish - Valley City, OH
A Catholic Parish since 1840 in the Cleveland Diocese
WE WELCOME YOU
Saturday - 5:00 pm
Sunday - 8:00 am and 10:30 am
Tuesday - 5:00 pm
Wednesday & Fridays - 8:30 am
Saturday 4:00-4:45 pm or by appointment
Holy Days - 7:00 am & 7:00 pm
Federal Holidays - 9:00 am
(please wear a mask or face covering)
Monday - Wednesday 9am - 4pm
Thursday and Friday 9am - 2pm
A Neighbor or relative without internet? Call or email with their home address for a bulletin to be mailed.
Catholic Leadership Survey
Thank you for your participation in the Diocesan Catholic Leadership Survey that ended April 19. Your confidential survey is being viewed and processed to help set a vision, plan and goals for leaders and parishioners to move into a post-pandemic future. The parish will only receive a summary of the responses, not what each individual person said. Your input will help our parish community forward. Thank you.
Week's Scripture Readings
Readings for the week of May 9, 2021
- Sunday: Acts 10:25-26, 34-35, 44-48 / Ps 98:1, 2-3, 3-4 [cf. 2b] / 1 Jn 4:7-10 / Jn 15:9-17
- Monday: Acts 16:11-15 / Ps 149:1b-2, 3-4, 5-6a and 9b [cf. 4a] / Jn 15:26—16:4a
- Tuesday: Acts 16:22-34 / Ps 138:1-2ab, 2cde-3, 7c-8 [7c] / Jn 16:5-11
- Wednesday: Acts 17:15, 22—18:1 / Ps 148:1-2, 11-12, 13, 14 / Jn 16:12-15
- Thursday: Acts 18:1-8 / Ps 98:1, 2-3ab, 3cd-4 [cf. 2b] / Jn 16:16-20 Ascension: Acts 1:1-11 / Ps 47:2-3, 6-7, 8-9  / Eph 1:17-23 or Eph 4:1-13 or 4:1-7, 11-13 / Mk 16:15-20
- Friday: Acts 1:15-17, 20-26 / Ps 113:1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8  / Jn 15:9-17
- Saturday: Acts 18:23-28 / Ps 47:2-3, 8-10, 10 [8a] / Jn 16:23b-28
- Next Sunday: Ascension: Acts 1:1-11 / Ps 47:2-3, 6-7, 8-9  / Eph 1:17-23 or Eph 4:1-13 or 4:1-7, 11-13 / Mk 16:15-20 Seventh Sunday of Easter: Acts 1:15-17, 20a, 20c-26 / Ps 103:1-2, 11-12, 19-20 [19a] / 1 Jn 4:11-16 / Jn 17:11b-19
Catholic Mass on Mass Media
Livestream: at Diocese of Cleveland Mass from St. John Cathedral at 8:00 AM Sundays and Noon M-F.
Television: with Cox Communications cable on Channel 45 at 11:30 AM Sundays; without cable on WUAB Channel 43 at 10:00 AM Sundays.
Radio: at AM 1260 The Rock at 4 p.m. Saturdays and 10:30 a.m. Sundays.
My Jesus, I believe that You
are in the Blessed Sacrament.
I love You above all things,
and I long for You in my soul.
Since I cannot now receive You
sacramentally, come at least
spiritually into my heart.
As though You have already come,
I embrace You
and unite myself entirely to You;
never permit me to be separated from You. Amen.
Grief Share Support
Mondays - 2:00pm - Parish Meeting Rooms
Grief Share is an opportunity for mutual support for anyone experiencing a significant change or loss in their life. It includes a series of DVD presentation; each of which stands on its own. Led by staff member Colene Conley.
Recovery in the Valley
Fridays - 7:00pm - Parish Hall
A Twelve-Step Program
Single Parenting Support
Wednesdays - 5:00pm - Parish Meeting Rooms
Begins March 10th and provides presentations on various themes for single parents. Conversation on shared experiences with helpful information and a staff facilitor, Colene Conley. All are welcome.
The grass mowing season began March 31st. Please read our updated policy regarding grave decorations at the header above "Funeral and Burial Planner" or on the signs in the cemetery. You will also find information on lots and headstones. Thank you for keeping our cemetery safe for all who visitors and employees.
Catholic Family Formation (PSR for 2020-2021)
Families that registered in September 2020 for Sacramental Preparation (Confession, Communion, or Confirmation) please check your email for March Guide Sheets and instructions on obtaining a Baptismal record for your candidate (child or youth) receiving a Sacrament in 2021.
REGISTRATION for our next Catholic Family Formation (2021-22) begins in May. Program begins in the Fall 2021 in the hope of returning to in-person sessions.
The Catholic Faith. On Demand.
Know what Christ has revealed and the Catholic Church has faithfully taught.
Formed.org offers hundreds of movies, video programs, audios and ebooks. These opportunities are FREE and available 24/7 online or on your mobile app. They have helped people (Catholics and non-Catholics) to know Christ and His Church better. Register HERE: https://stmartinvc.formed.org Just enter our parish name and your email. It's easy! God bless.
Stay Informed with Flocknote Texts
flocknote is a texting service to keep our parishioners and friends Up-to-Date. We can send a text to your cell phone to remind you of things that are upcoming, a change or cancellation of an event, an urgent message, or a notice that didn't make it in our weekly bulletin or this website. The only fees to join flocknote are the fees your cell phone provider/plan may charge for text messages.
CLICK HERE TO GET FLOCKNOTE
More people enrolled due to the pandemic. flocknote has been an effective way to keep you informed.
Instructions for Mass Attendance
The Ohio Bishops respecting the Governor’s safe-reopen plan permits us to gather for Mass with some restrictions. Do not assume the spread of the virus has diminished.
- Until further notice, no one is obligated to attend Sunday Mass. Please arrive on time for Mass.
- Do Not Come to the Church if you tested positive for COVID-19, with a fever or other COVID symptoms, or without self-quarantining 14 days after close contact with anyone with COVID.
- Please stay home: If sick in anyway, uncomfortable or fearful in large gatherings, vulnerable to or at high risk of infection.
- Wearing a face mask (or covering) is required throughout the Mass, except the brief moment to receive Communion. Please bring a clean mask or covering to wear.
- To maintain social distancing, only 130 people can be seated safely in the church. Households can sit together, but must distance 6’ from another household.
- At Communion, please lower your mask below your chin BEFORE extending your hands to receive the Host. If you must receive on the tongue, approach a lay minister of Communion at the line's end, so sanitizing precautions can be taken. The cup will not be distributed.
- Please maintain a 6’ social distance as you leave.
- For those who cannot join us at church, a Sunday Mass can be found on line.
Your understanding at this unprecedented time is appreciated.
Divine Mercy Chaplet
WeShare Online Giving
CLICK the Icon to DONATE
For your Sunday Offertory tithe and other Giving Opportunities
Thank You for supporting the ministries of St. Martin Parish.
Thank you, Parishioners, who continue to support your parish in these unsettling times. Many are struggling to make ends meet, but if you can assist thank you. You can mail your weekly Offering to the parish office. Mail is received daily; do not mail cash. You can also sign up at WeShare Online Giving (above) or call them for assistance. WeShare Support Teams are available at 800-950-9952 (then press #3 and then press #2) to get you connected, or, by email at: [email protected] (that is @4 LPi.com). God bless you for what you are able to do.
Catholic Charities Annual Appeal
Also, our thanks to many of you who responded to the 2021 Catholic Charities Appeal. Your pledges and donations on February 21st assist people throughout our 8-county Diocese. Donations are still accepted.
Masses When Traveling
Traveling out of town or looking for information on neighboring parishes, check out catholicmasstime.org or Click HERE for schedules by States and Cities.