Instructions for Mass Attendance
The Ohio Bishops respecting the Governor’s safe-reopen plan permits us to gather for Mass with some restrictions. Do not assume the spread of the virus has diminished. We must continue our precautionary measures to ensure we are protecting our community from the spread of COVID-19. These guidelines from our Diocesan Offices will be implemented in our parish for everyone’s safety.
Weekend Masses: Weekday Masses:
Saturdays 5:00pm Tuesdays 5:00pm
Sundays 8:00am and 10:30am Wed. and Fri. 8:30am
- Until further notice, no one is obligated to attend a Weekend Mass. Come to any scheduled Mass.
- Do Not Come to the Church: with a fever of 100 degrees or higher, a persistent dry cough, runny nose, or shortness of breath, or without self-quarantining 14 days after close contact with anyone with COVID-19.
- Please stay home: If sick in anyway, uncomfortable or fearful in large gatherings, vulnerable to or at high risk of infection.
- Wearing a face mask (or covering) is required upon arrival and throughout the Mass, except the brief moment to receive Communion. Please bring a clean mask or covering to wear.
- To maintain social distancing, only 130 people can be seated safely in the church. Ushers can direct you to a designated pew. Households can sit together, but must distance 6’ from another household or non-family parishioner.
- At Communion, please lower your mask below your chin BEFORE extending your hands to receive the Host. If you must receive on the tongue, approach at the end of the line so sanitizing precautions can be taken. The cup will not be distributed.
- Please use restrooms only if absolutely necessary.
- Please maintain a 6’ social distance as you leave.
- For those who cannot join us at church, a Sunday Mass can be found on line.
Your understanding at this unprecedented time is appreciated.
St. Martin of Tours, pray for us.
Mass Schedule - 5pm on Saturdays; 8:00am and 10:30am on Sundays; Maximum seating 130 persons.
Confessions - will resume August 9th from 4:15-4:45 PM in the Reconciliation Room. Appointments with a priest can still be made by calling 330-483-3808 ext. 235.
Parish Office – open for essential business from 9:00am until 2:00pm, Monday - Friday.
Blessed Sacrament Chapel – available for private prayer and adoration from 9:00am until 2:00pm, Monday - Friday. Masks are to be worn when others are present. Maximum 8 persons.
Summer Events Cancelled – As previously announced, these events will not be held during Summer 2020:
- Annual July Chicken Dinner
- Catholic Summer Camp (VBS)
- Youth Bus Trip to Franciscan University
- Senior Bus Trips
- Funeral Luncheons
- Hall and Meeting Room Rentals
Use of the Outside Pavilion - available for gatherings of 35 persons maximum observing CDC COVID-19 safety guidelines when not of the same household. Contact the office in advance to reserve the pavilion.
Mass is M-F at 12 Noon from St. John Cathedral, Cleveland
Click here to participate: Diocese of Cleveland TV Mass
My Jesus, I believe that You
are in the Blessed Sacrament.
I love You above all things,
and I long for You in my soul.
Since I cannot now receive You
sacramentally, come at least
spiritually into my heart.
As though You have already come,
I embrace You and unite myself entirely to You;
never permit me to be separated from You. Amen.
Spiritual Practices at Home
SPIRITUAL PRACTICES: During this COVID-19 Pandemic we have our faith that God will bring us through this health emergency that faces the world. Here are some spiritual practices for yourself or with your family at this time or any time:
1) Keep holy the Lord's Day - watch a Mass on TV or live streaming on your tech device.
2) Check our website below for the Daily and Sunday Scripture Readings. Read them alone or with family.
3) Gather and pray the Rosary with family asking our Blessed Mother to pray for us. (or another devotional)
4) Check on family members and neighbors, especially the elderly.
5) Send us your prayer requests via our website.
6) And from one of our parishioners: Slowly pray the Hail Mary as you wash your hands; it's 20 seconds.
WeShare Online Giving
CLICK the Icon to DONATE
For your Sunday Offertory tithe and other Giving Opportunities
Thank You for supporting the ministries of St. Martin Parish.
Thank you, Parishioners, who continue to support your parish in these unsettling times. Many are struggling to make ends meet, but if you can assist thank you. You can mail your weekly Offering to the parish office. Mail is received daily; do not mail cash. You can also sign up at WeShare Online Giving (at the left) or call them for assistance. WeShare Support Teams are available at 800-950-9952 (then press #3 and then press #2) to get you connected, or, by email at: [email protected] (that is @4 LPi.com). Without your Offering parish funds will evaporate quickly but bills, like the mortgage and utilities, will continue. God bless you for what you are able to do.
Our Facebook Page
Scroll Down on our St. Martin Facebook Page or Click to Link
Stay Informed with Flocknote Texts
flocknote is a texting service to keep our parishioners and friends Up-to-Date. We can send a text to your cell phone to remind you of things that are upcoming, a change or cancellation of an event, an urgent message, or a notice that didn't make it in our weekly bulletin or this website. The only fees to join flocknote are the fees your cell phone provider/plan may charge for text messages.
CLICK HERE TO GET FLOCKNOTE
More people enrolled due to the pandemic. flocknote has been an effective way to keep you informed.
Faith Formation Groups
Grief Share Support
Begins July 13
Mondays - 2:00pm - Educ. Building
Grief Share is an opportunity for mutual support for anyone experiencing a significant change or loss in their life. It includes a series of DVD presentation; each of which stands on its own. Led by staff member Colene Conley.
Healing Movement - Stretching and Lite Exercise
Begins July 13
Mondays - 4:00pm - Educ. Building
This opportunity provides a body, mind, spirit connection by means of physical stretching and lite exercise. Led by Michelle Plikerd a person can gain more energy and peace of mind through lite body movement. No registration is required. Bring a mat if you have one; a balancing chair is provided.
The Book of Ruth - Bible Study
Begins August 11
Tuesdays - 12:30pm - Educ. Building
At your request a Bible Study with no homework led by Fr. Dan. For four sessions we will delve into the four chapters of Ruth's story to discover in God's Word the lessons for our lives. Chapter reading will be during the session itself. All are welcome, but limited to 40 participants for CDC COVID-19 safety procedures. Bring your own bible, please; and a notebook if you like.
The Catholic Faith. On Demand.
Know what Christ has revealed and the Catholic Church has faithfully taught.
Formed.org offers hundreds of movies, video programs, audios and ebooks. These opportunities are FREE and available 24/7 online or on your mobile app. They have helped people (Catholics and non-Catholics) to know Christ and His Church better. Register HERE: https://stmartinvc.formed.org Just enter our parish name and your email. It's easy! God bless.
Holy Land Pilgrimage - Register Here
Register above and call me for more information. This is my seventh or eighth time leading a prayerful pilgrimage to the only place on earth where Jesus walked. COME and SEE what you have only heard and read - THE BIBLE. You will not be able to read the Bible in the same way! For a more personal and relaxing experience I limit the group to 15-20 pilgrims.
Pilgrimage Dates: January 20-29, 2021
$2,895 + an est. $450 in airline surcharges
Stations of the Cross
Divine Mercy Chaplet
Catholic Charities Services - Medina
At this time when we may be physically separated from others due to Covid-19 transmission, our emotional and mental health is just as important as our physical and spiritual health. To the right and left you will find video presentations from professional counselors at Catholic Charities in Medina. They present some good ideas on staying healthy and are only a few minutes in length. These topics and the availability of telehealth counseling may assist you. For more information call Catholic Charities at 330-723-9615.
Catholic Charities in Medina and we here at St. Martin have a food pantry for those in need. Simply call them or us for assistance. Stay healthy. And God bless you, Fr. Dan
On Outdoor Activities
Week's Scripture Readings
Readings for the week of August 2, 2020
- Sunday: Is 55:1-3 / Ps 145:8-9, 15-16, 17-18 [cf. 16] / Rom 8:35, 37-39 / Mt 14:13-21
- Monday: Jer 28:1-17 / Ps 119:29, 43, 79, 80, 95, 102 [68b] / Mt 14:22-36
- Tuesday: Jer 30:1-2, 12-15, 18-22 / Ps 102:16-18, 19-21, 29 and 22-23  / Mt 14:22-36 or Mt 15:1-2, 10-14
- Wednesday: Jer 31:1-7 / Jer 31:10, 11-12ab, 13 [cf. 10d] / Mt 15:21-28
- Thursday: Dn 7:9-10, 13-14 / Ps 97:1-2, 5-6, 9 [1a, 9a] / 2 Pt 1:16-19 / Mt 17:1-9
- Friday: Na 2:1, 3; 3:1-3, 6-7 / Dt 32:35cd-36ab, 39abcd, 41 [39c] / Mt 16:24-28
- Saturday: Hb 1:12—2:4 / Ps 9:8-9, 10-11, 12-13 [11b] / Mt 17:14-20
- Next Sunday: 1 Kgs 19:9a, 11-13a / Ps 85:9, 10, 11-12, 13-14  / Rom 9:1-5 / Mt 14:22-33
Masses When Traveling
Traveling out of town or looking for information on neighboring parishes, check out catholicmasstime.org or Click HERE for schedules by States and Cities.