REGISTRATION NOW OPEN for PSR/FHS
Our Religious Education Program provides two options for families: 1) Parish School of Religion (PSR) for Grades 1st-8th - or - 2) Family Home School (FHS) for Grades 3rd - 7th. Parents enroll their child in either program for the entire year.
1) PSR: Parish School of Religion is held from mid-September through April at the church. Children attend 26 learning sessions conducted by a trained religion teacher (catechist). The classes are held on Mondays from 6:00-7:30 PM. PSR follows the Buckeye School Calendar. Sessions are not held when public schools are closed on for holidays, snow days, or in recess.
2) FHS: Family Home School is held from mid-September through April in the home. It is offered to children in the 3rd Grade through the 7th Grade after completing two years in PSR at the church. Children use approved religion texts and complete a review online each week.
Parents may Register their child online and make an immediate Fee Payment: PSR or FHS REGISTRATION and FEE PAYMENT
Parents may Register a new student to PSR or FHS by downloading the Form: NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION Once all portions are complete including the Emergency Medical Information and Photo Permission, please bring the completed Form, Fee Payment, and a copy of each child's Baptismal Certificate to the Parish Office to complete their registration.
Parents may Register a child for Sacrament Preparations: At 'Religious Education' above and 'For Grades 1st-8th' on the Drop Down Menu.
Saturday Vigil Mass - 5:00 pm
Sunday Masses: 8:00 am and 10:30 am
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday - 8:00am (Chapel)
HOLY DAYS OF OBLIGATION:
7:00 am and 7:00 pm
Saturdays 4:00 - 4:45 pm or by appointment
Sunday: 9:00am to 12:00 Noon
Closed on Saturdays and Federal Holidays
2019 Parish Mission
Reserve Sept. 30-Oct. 2 for a spiritual renewal from 6:30-7:30 PM each night.
2019 Mission Speaker
Fr. Albért Haase, O.F.M
Recent Bishop Notices
Dear People of God
Please find recent communications under the heading "PROTECT OUR CHILDREN" from the Catholic Bishop of Cleveland, Nelson J. Pérez regarding the Diocesan Response to Sexual Abuse of minors and an updated listing since 2002 of Cleveland Diocesan Clergy accused of sexual abuse; many of whom are deceased. Nevertheless, the Diocese is open to receive and to investigate allegations of sexual abuse by clergy, lay employees or volunteers - living or deceased.
Likewise, the Bishop of Cleveland has reaffirmed the prohibition of a local religious sect called Holy Love Ministries as not in conformity of the teachings and practices of the Catholic Church. Please be aware that participation in this group is not condoned here at St. Martin of Tours Parish. We invite anyone with questions to contact our pastor or the Diocese of Cleveland regarding any participation in this group.
Summer is Here!!!
Some of our SoZo Youth who volunteered this month to help a neighbor tend their yard. GOD BLESS YOU ALL!
Mahrianna says THANK YOU to all who donated pop and soup tabs for the Ronald McDonald House in Akron. Tabs can be dropped off at the Parish Office for this benefit.
Youth Culture Project
The Culture Project
There is an urgent need for our youth to find out why they are here on earth and what they are made for! The Bishop called together priests and staff of the Diocese for a day of speakers regarding human dignity and issues that impact our current generation in February. It was a very powerful day and now, the Diocese of Cleveland is sponsoring the Culture Project for the next year.
These young missionaries will be here and travel throughout the diocese giving talks about the dignity of life in today’s culture. They are offering a series of talks regarding: Human Dignity, Sexual Integrity and Social Media. They will come out various times over the next school year. Parents are asked to read the parent letter in regards to the topics that will be discussed.
Please check out their web page at: https://thecultureproject.org/
Here is the link to what the Diocese of Cleveland has had to say.
We will be hosting them with Mass at 10:30AM followed by lunch and the talks will begin at 12:30 and last until 2:00PM
Dates for St. Martin of Tours are:
October 20, 2019
November 17, 2019
January 12, 2020
March 8, 2020
Please know that all 7th grade and above students are invited to this. They do not have to attend St. Martin of Tours but we do need an RSVP to [email protected].
Week's Scripture Readings
Readings for the week of August 18, 2019
- Sunday: Jer 38:4-6, 8-10 / Ps 40:2, 3, 4, 18 [14b] / Heb 12:1-4 / Lk 12:49-53
- Monday: Jgs 2:11-19 / Ps 106:34-35, 36-37, 39-40, 43ab and 44 [4a] / Mt 19:16-22
- Tuesday: Jgs 6:11-24a / Ps 85:9, 11-12, 13-14 [cf. 9b] / Mt 19:23-30
- Wednesday: Jgs 9:6-15 / Ps 21:2-3, 4-5, 6-7 [2a] / Mt 20:1-16
- Thursday: Jgs 11:29-39a / Ps 40:5, 7-8a, 8b-9, 10 [8a and 9a] / Mt 22:1-14
- Friday: Ru 1:1, 3-6, 14b-16, 22 / Ps 146:5-6ab, 6c-7, 8-9a, 9bc-10 [1b] / Mt 22:34-40
- Saturday: Rv 21:9b-14 / Ps 145:10-11, 12-13, 17-18  / Jn 1:45-51
- Next Sunday: Is 66:18-21 / Ps 117:1, 2, [Mk 16:15] / Heb 12:5-7, 11-13 / Lk 13:22-30
The Catholic Faith. On Demand.
Know what Christ has revealed and
the Catholic Church has faithfully passed on.
Formed.org offers hundreds of movies, video programs, audios and ebooks. These opportunities are FREE and available 24/7 online or on your mobile app. They have helped people to know Christ better, to love Him more, and to share their faith in Him joyfully. Come and See!
Register HERE: https://stmartinvc.formed.org
Use our parish code for free, just type: JZNDDV to register.
Blessed Sacrament Prayer Room
We adore You, O Christ, and we praise You!
The Eucharistic Presence is available for silent prayer and meditation. The prayer room is open during parish office hours and on Sundays.
Masses When Traveling
Traveling out of town or looking for information on neighboring parishes, check out catholicmasstime.org or Click HERE for schedules by States and Cities
Please pray for us when attending Mass while away from home.
Like St. Martin of Tours may you encounter Christ on the road!