For Everyone's Safety
W E L C O M E
Please follow mandated State and Diocesan protocols
- Door opens 20 minutes before Mass - Occupancy limited to 130 persons
- Use front entrance only - Doors closed when Mass begins
- Sanitize hands upon entry - All exits available to depart
- Face coverings/masks required - 6' social distancing required
- Masks available at entry at all times
If you do not feel well, please do not attend Mass.
No one is obliged to attend Mass at this time.
Thank you for keeping everyone safe.
Return to Mass Instructions
Return to Mass
The Ohio Bishops respecting the Governor’s plan to reopen the State of Ohio allows for our church to gather for Mass with some restrictions. Do not assume the spread of the virus has diminished. We must continue our precautionary measures to ensure we are protecting our community from the spread of COVID-19. These guidelines from our Diocesan Offices and Administrator will be implemented in our parish for everyone’s safety as we reopen the church for Daily, Weekend, or any Mass gathering.
- Until further notice, no one has an obligation to attend a Sunday Mass.
- If you have a fever of 100.4 degrees or higher, do not come to church.
- If sick in anyway, please stay home.
- If you are considered high risk and vulnerable to the virus or care for someone who is, please stay home.
- If you are fearful or uncomfortable in large gatherings, please stay home; or consider attending a Daily Mass.
- For those who cannot join us at church, we will continue to post the Sunday Mass here on our website this summer.
- You are obliged to wear a face mask (or face covering) upon arrival and throughout the Mass, except for the brief moment to receive Communion. Please bring a mask (or a face covering) to wear, or a disposable one will be provided at the doors.
- To ensure that social distancing is maintained, only 130 people will be allowed to enter our church to attend a scheduled Mass. Ushers and Staff will direct you to a designated pew. And, designated pews will have a 6’ distance in seating. Families can sit together without distancing but must distance 6’ from a non-family parishioner.
- At Communion, please lower your mask below your chin and receive the Host in your hand. If you must receive on the tongue, approach at the end of the line so sanitizing precautions can be taken. The cup will not be distributed.
- Please use restrooms only if absolutely necessary.
- Depart immediately after Mass maintaining a 6’ social distance as you leave.
Your understanding at this unprecedented time is appreciated.
Heavenly Father, continue to watch over us and protect us!
St. Martin of Tours, pray for us.
Mass Schedule - during the summer six (6) Masses will be available weekly; 5pm on Saturdays and Tuesdays; 8:00am and 10:30am on Sundays; and 8:30am on Wednesdays and Fridays. Held in the church; maximum seating 130 persons.
Parish Office – will be open for essential business from 9:00am until 2:00pm, Monday through Friday. (Obtain sacramental records, drop off Offertory Envelopes, request a Mass Intention, Bulletin Articles, etc.)
Blessed Sacrament Chapel – is available for private prayer and adoration from 9:00am until 2:00pm, Monday through Friday. Seating capacity is 8 persons. Masks are to be worn when others are present.
Summer Events Cancelled – As previously announced, these events will not be held during Summer 2020:
- Annual July Chicken Dinner
- Catholic Summer Camp (VBS)
- Youth Bus Trip to Franciscan University
- Senior Bus Trips
- Funeral Luncheons
- Hall and Meeting Room Rentals
Use of the Outside Pavilion - is available for gatherings of 30 persons maximum with masks and safe-distancing if not of the same household. You must contact the office in advance to reserve the pavilion.
Summer Mass Schedule
As we resume the celebration of public Mass at St. Martin on May 30th, I will offer six (6) Masses per week. All Masses will be held in the church (not the chapel) that can seat a maximum of 130 persons at a safe-distance. The Presence of the Lord awaits your presence. It's a gift not an obligation. Come pray with us, hear God's word, and receive the Eucharist one day a week. Mass times are:
Saturdays and Tuesdays: 5:00pm
Sundays: 8:00 and 10:30am
Wednesdays and Fridays: 8:30am
One week without the Eucharist makes one weak.
"I am the bread of life." Jn 6:35
Mass is M-F at 12 Noon from St. John Cathedral, Cleveland
Click here to participate: Diocese of Cleveland TV Mass
My Jesus, I believe that You
are in the Blessed Sacrament.
I love You above all things,
and I long for You in my soul.
Since I cannot now receive You
sacramentally, come at least
spiritually into my heart.
As though You have already come,
I embrace You and unite myself entirely to You;
never permit me to be separated from You. Amen.
The Sacrament of Penance (Confession) is available after any scheduled Mass. For anonymity, please call 330-483-3808 ext. 235 so a priest can be in the Reconciliation Room after the Mass you request. Thank you.
Our Facebook Page
Scroll Down on our St. Martin Facebook Page or Click to Link
Stay Informed with Flocknote Texts
flocknote is a texting service to keep our parishioners and friends Up-to-Date. We can send a text to your cell phone to remind you of things that are upcoming, a change or cancellation of an event, an urgent message, or a notice that didn't make it in our weekly bulletin or this website. The only fees to join flocknote are the fees your cell phone provider/plan may charge for text messages.
CLICK HERE TO GET FLOCKNOTE
More people enrolled due to the pandemic. flocknote has been an effective way to keep you informed.
WeShare Online Giving
CLICK the Icon to DONATE
For your Sunday Offertory tithe and other Giving Opportunities
Thank You for supporting the ministries of St. Martin Parish.
Thank you, Parishioners, who continue to support your parish in these unsettling times. Many are struggling to make ends meet, but if you can assist thank you. You can mail your weekly Offering to the parish office. Mail is received daily; do not mail cash. You can also sign up at WeShare Online Giving (at the left) or call them for assistance. WeShare Support Teams are available at 800-950-9952 (then press #3 and then press #2) to get you connected, or, by email at: [email protected] (that is @4 LPi.com). Without your Offering parish funds will evaporate quickly but bills, like the mortgage and utilities, will continue. God bless you for what you are able to do.
Spiritual Practices at Home
SPIRITUAL PRACTICES: During this COVID-19 Pandemic we have our faith that God will bring us through this health emergency that faces the world. Here are some spiritual practices for yourself or with your family at this time or any time:
1) Keep holy the Lord's Day - watch a Mass on TV or live streaming on your tech device.
2) Check our website below for the Daily and Sunday Scripture Readings. Read them alone or with family.
3) Gather and pray the Rosary with family asking our Blessed Mother to pray for us. (or another devotional)
4) Check on family members and neighbors, especially the elderly.
5) Send us your prayer requests via our website.
6) And from one of our parishioners: Slowly pray the Hail Mary as you wash your hands; it's 20 seconds.
Adult Faith Enrichment
Lectio Divina on Zoom - Tuesdays
Beginning Tuesday, May 26, from 12:30-1:30pm you are invited to reflect and pray on the upcoming Sunday Scripture Readings via our Formed.org program to the right. Opening the Word is available there and the gathering will be through a Zoom network system. For more information contact the parish office.
The Bible Timeline - 24 Sessions
This study program takes you on a guided journey through salvation history. It shows how 14 of the 73 books of the Bible tell the narrative story giving you the keys to understanding the amazing story of God's plan of salvation woven throughout Scripture.
The Catholic Faith. On Demand.
Know what Christ has revealed and the Catholic Church has faithfully taught.
Formed.org offers hundreds of movies, video programs, audios and ebooks. These opportunities are FREE and available 24/7 online or on your mobile app. They have helped people (Catholics and non-Catholics) to know Christ and His Church better. Register HERE: https://stmartinvc.formed.org Just enter our parish name and your email. It's easy! God bless.
Holy Land Pilgrimage - Register Here
Register above and call me for more information. This is my seventh or eighth time leading a prayerful pilgrimage to the only place on earth where Jesus walked. COME and SEE what you have only heard and read - THE BIBLE. You will not be able to read the Bible in the same way! For a more personal and relaxing experience I limit the group to 15-20 pilgrims.
Pilgrimage Dates: January 20-29, 2021
$2,895 + an est. $450 in airline surcharges
Adoration of our Lord
Stations of the Cross
The Holy Rosary
Suggested intentions during this pandemic:
1st Mystery - For a renewed hope in God's promises;
2nd Mystery - For a rededication to Christ's mission;
3rd Mystery - For a rekindling of the Holy Spirit;
4th Mystery - For a respect and care for one's body;
5th Mystery - For a respect and care for one's soul,
Divine Mercy Chaplet
Catholic Charities Services - Medina
At this time when we may be physically separated from others due to Covid-19 transmission, our emotional and mental health is just as important as our physical and spiritual health. To the right and left you will find video presentations from professional counselors at Catholic Charities in Medina. They present some good ideas on staying healthy and are only a few minutes in length. These topics and the availability of telehealth counseling may assist you. For more information call Catholic Charities at 330-723-9615.
Catholic Charities in Medina and we here at St. Martin have a food pantry for those in need. Simply call them or us for assistance. Stay healthy. And God bless you, Fr. Dan
On Outdoor Activities
PSR 2019-2020 ENDED
With the extension of school closures until May 1st in Ohio, and, with the extended suspension of public Masses and Liturgies through May 3rd, our Monday PSR Sessions and Sacramental Preparation Sessions are concluded for this year.
The scheduled Confirmation Mass (April 25) has been rescheduled. If public Masses have resumed, Abbot Gary Hoover, OSB, will be here on Wednesday, July 1, 2020 at 7:00pm to celebrate Confirmation. Please inform your sponsors of this potential date. The scheduled First Communion Mass (May 2) will be held in September.
Please continue to make your home a Domestic Church with your family: read, study, pray, reflect, and talk with your children about God's care at this time. Pray for those who are ill and all who suffer from this pandemic. Be safe and well.
It's all in the Cards
Nationwide Youth Night
5:00 pm - Saturdays and Tuesdays
8:00 and 10:30 am - Sundays
8:30 am - Wednesdays and Fridays
HOLY DAYS (NOT Obligatory at this time)
7:00 am and 7:00 pm
9:00 am (No Daily Mass the following day)
By appointment after a scheduled Mass
Week's Scripture Readings
Readings for the week of May 31, 2020
- Sunday: Vigil: Gn 11:1-9 or Ex 19:3-8a, 16-20b or Ez 37:1-14 or Jl 3:1-5 / Ps 104:1-2, 24, 35, 27-28, 29, 30 [cf. 30] / Rom 8:22-27 / Jn 7:37-39. Extended Vigil: Gn 11:1-9 / Ps 33:10-11, 12-13, 14-15 / Ex 19:3-8a, 16-20b / Dn 3:52, 53, 55, 56 [52b] or Ps 19:8, 9, 10, 11 / Ez 37:1-14 / Ps 107:2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9  / Jl 3:1-5 / Ps 104:1-2, 24, 35, 27-28, 29, 30 [cf. 30] / Rom 8:22-27 / Jn 7:37-39. Day: Acts 2:1-11 / Ps 104:1, 24, 29-30, 31, 34 [cf. 30] / 1 Cor 12:3b-7, 12-13 / Jn 20:19-23
- Monday: Gn 3:9-15, 20 or Acts 1:12-14 / Ps 87:1-2, 3 and 5, 6-7 / Jn 19:25-34
- Tuesday: 2 Pt 3:12-15a, 17-18 / Ps 90:2, 3-4, 10, 14 and 16  / Mk 12:13-17
- Wednesday: 2 Tm 1:1-3, 6-12 / Ps 123:1b-2ab, 2cdef [1b] / Mk 12:18-27
- Thursday: 2 Tm 2:8-15 / Ps 4-5ab, 8-9, 10 and 14  / Mk 12:28-34
- Friday: 2 Tm 3:10-17 / Ps 119:157, 160, 161, 165, 166, 168 [165a] / Mk 12:35-37
- Saturday: 2 Tm 4:1-8 / Ps 71:8-9, 14-15ab, 16-17, 22 [cf. 15ab] / Mk 12:38-44
- Next Sunday: Ex 34:4b-6, 8-9 / Dn 3:52, 53, 54, 55, 56 [52b] / 2 Cor 13:11-13 / Jn 3:16-18
Masses When Traveling
Traveling out of town or looking for information on neighboring parishes, check out catholicmasstime.org or Click HERE for schedules by States and Cities.
Summer Office Hours
(please wear a mask or face covering)
Monday through Friday 9:00am - 2:00pm
You may now drop off or continue to mail in Offertory Envelopes or contact us on line or by phone for Sacramental Records, Bulletin articles, etc.
Neighbor or relative without internet? Call or email with their home address for a bulletin to be mailed.