All are Welcomed to Join Us!
Since 1849, the Parish of St. Martin of Tours has served the community of Valley City, Ohio. Located in a beautiful country setting in the northwest corner of Medina County, St. Martin of Tours is a Catholic Community founded in faith and love for the most sacred Triune God and mankind.
Information & Notices
Sunday: 8:00 & 10:30am
5:00pm in Chapel (No 5pm Mass on Christmas)
Stations of the Cross
Fridays @ 7pm, Chapel
Good Friday Stations
2:30pm in the Main Church
You may also check weekly parish bulletin for holiday and Holy Day Mass times.
Parish Activities Week of April 13, 2014 :
- Sunday: Pancake Breakfast, 8am, Parish Center - RCIA, 9am, Parish Center Meeting Room - Adult Confirmation, 9am, Parish Center Meeting Room
- Monday: Advocates for Life, 1pm, Education Building - PSR, 6pm, Parish Center/Education Building - Rosary Recited, 7pm, Prayer Room - Knitting Ministry, 7pm, Rectory
- Tuesday: Bible Study, 12:30pm, Parish Center Meeting Room - Knitting Ministry, 2:30pm, Parish Center Meeting Room - Quiet Prayer, 5-8pm, Prayer Room - Bible Study, 7pm, Parish Center Meeting Room - Knights of Columbus, 7pm, Education Building
- Wednesday: Confession, 8:30am, Chapel - Grief Share, 1pm, Parish Center Meeting Room - Healing Prayers, 7pm, Prayer Room
- Thursday: Contemplative Prayer, 7pm, Parish Center Meeting Room - Adoration, 8pm, Prayer Room
- Friday: Parish Office Closed - AA Meeting, 7pm, Parish Center Meeting Room
- Saturday: Men's Fellowship, 8am, Parish Center Meeting Room - Blessing of Easter Food, 11am, Chapel
Holy Week and Easter Masses We still need Ministers, Altar Servers and Greeters! There are sign-up sheets on the table in the Gathering Area today for Holy Week and Easter. If you are a Eucharistic Minister, Altar Server or Greeter, please sign up for a Mass as soon as possible. Usher sign-up is in the Usher's room.
Easter Food Drive Our Easter Food Drive starts today and continues through April 19. Please bring your non-perishable items to the rectory garage. Personal care items such as shampoo, deodorant, soap, toothpaste, etc. are always needed as well as paper goods. We have freezer space so meat and frozen foods are also welcome. Perishable items can be dropped off at the parish office.
New Altar Server Training It is that time of year for new Altar Server training! Sessions will be held on Sunday, April 27 and Sunday, May 4 from 9:00 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. in the church. All students who are currently in 3rd grade and older are welcome to sign up. This is an important ministry and we have a great group of students who presently serve at our parish Masses. The schedules are made every 6 months and the next one will begin June 1. Please talk with your sons and daughters about becoming an Altar Server. If you have any questions or would like to sign up, please call Sue Peters at (330) 483-3808.