Since 1849, the Parish of St. Martin of Tours has served the community of Valley City, Ohio. Located in a beautiful country setting in the northwest corner of Medina County, St. Martin of Tours is a Catholic Community founded in faith and love for the most sacred Triune God and mankind. COL 3:17 "And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus..."
For More Info and Service Opprtunities...
Sunday: 8:00 & 10:30am;5:00pm in the Chapel
Friday Stations of the Cross: 7pm in the Chapel
Parish Activities Week of March 29, 2015
- Sunday: RCIA, 9am, Parish Center Meeting Room - Boy Scout Pancake Breakfast, 8am, Parish Center
- Monday: Knitting Ministry, 7pm, Rectory Office
- Tuesday: Knitting Ministry, 2:30pm, Parish Center Meeting Room - Quiet Prayer, 5pm, Prayer Room - Bible Study, 7pm, Parish Center Meeting Room
- Wednesday: Confession, 8:30am, Chapel - Yoga, 11am, Parish Center Meeting Room -Grief Share, 1pm, Parish Center Meeting Room - Intercessory Prayers, 7pm, Prayer Room
- Thursday: Contemplative Prayer, 7pm, Parish Center Meeting Room - Adoration, 8pm, Prayer Room
- Friday: Parish Office Closed - Crusaders Journey, 2pm, Chapel - Stations of the Cross, 2:30pm, Church - AA Meeting, 7pm, Education Building
- Saturday: Men's Fellowship, 8am, Parish Center Meeting Room - Blessing of the Easter Food, 11am, Chapel
- Sunday: No Listed Activities.
Attention PSR Families: There will be no PSR classes on Monday, March 30 and Monday, April 6 for grade 1 through 8. Be sure to mark your calendars!
Easter Food Drive The St. Martin's Easter Food drive has officially begun and will continue through April 4. Non-perishables can be dropped off at the rectory garage, and perishable items can be dropped off in the Parish office. All food items, including meats, are acceptable donations, as well as personal hygiene items and paper products. We'd like to remind anyone donating to check the expiration dates on items as we will not give out expired items.
Steubenville Youth Conference The final payments are due Wednesday, April 15 for the Steubenville Youth Conference. Checks can be made to St. Martin of Tours. Participants need to attend an informational meeting prior to the conference. They will be held on April 26 after 10:30 a.m. Mass or Monday, May 18 at 6:00 p.m. There will be an online registration format again this year with insurance information needed and T-shirt sizes are needed ASAP. Email MissTerri.SoZo@yahoo.com if you have any questions.
Family Life Ministry Brass Band Concert On Saturday, March 28, join the Amazing Grays of the Family Life Ministry for a short but extensive musical journey around the world. The centerpiece of the program will be "Windows of the World" by Peter Graham with a venue of Latin America, Japan, Africa, the British Isles, as well as the USA. The concert is presented by the Brass Band of the Western Reserve, and Dr. Keith M. Wilkinson, the Musical Director of the Medina Performing Arts Center. Tickets are currently available for $5 through Colene Conley, who can be reached at the Parish Office. We will meet in the parking lot of St. Martin's at 4:30 p.m. and will travel to Dominic's Restaurant in Medina for dinner.